Heartfelt Wines half-off sale

Heartfelt wines

Heartfelt Wines – Zinfandel and Petite half-price sale

Dan Morgan, owner and winemaker of Heartfelt Wines, is in the process of clearing inventory. He is putting up some of his older vintages for sale at half-price. Dan is a small-production winemaker, a new breed of winemaker, so to speak. He does not own a vineyard or winemaking facility. He sources his fruit from noteworthy vineyards and produces and bottles his wine at Treasure Island Wines.

A few of the Vintage Wine Tasters gathered to taste four of his sale wines. We tasted three old vine Zinfandel wines, 2010, 2012, and 2013, and the 2012 Petite Sirah. The Zin comes from an Alexander Valley vineyard in Geyserville in Sonoma County.  The vineyard was planted by Italian Swiss Colony in 1908 and is a field blend. 80% is Zinfandel and the other 20% composed of many other grape varieties. This particular vineyard is now owned by Jim and Eliza Rickards. The Rickards have their own winery, J. Rickards,  but sell grapes to other wineries including Heartfelt. We visited J. Rickards a few years back and were impressed by the wines and the sustainably-farmed vineyards.  The Petite Sirah is also from J. Rickards estate vineyards.

We were most impressed by the 2012 Zinfandel (90 pts) and the 2012 Petite Sirah (90 pts). Both are well worth the price of $14 and $15, respectively. That is a 50% discount off the list price on these Heartfelt wines. The 2010 Zinfandel (89 Pts) is quite bold and big compared to the other two Zins. If you a lover of robust Zins, you will like this one. The 2013 Zin (88 pts) is also good, but lighter in style than the 2012 Zinfandel. All the wines are well made and balanced.

Sale Prices

  • 2010 Zinfandel is sold by the case for $100 (only six cases remain)
  • 2012 and 2013 Zinfandel is sold by the half-case or case at $14 per bottle
  • 2012 Petite Sirah is sold by the half-case or case at $15 per bottle

How to Purchase

Purchase transactions can be done by phone. Contact Eddie Pasternak at 1.510.703.5783. There are two locations for pickup, one in Millbrae and the other in the East Bay. Pick up arrangements can be made at the time of purchase. Shipping arrangements can also be arranged.

If interested, Dan Morgan also has two expensive wines at half price. He has a Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah, both from the highly-acclaimed Caldwell Vineyards in the Coombsville AVA at the southern edge of the Napa Valley.

Speak Your Mind

*