Wine Values and Bargains
Joe Becerra started Wine Values & Bargains in August of 2010. Joe and his friends were always exchanging information on great wine bargains. Why not start a blog where we could share our bargain wine picks with others.
Vintage Wine Club
The members have been meeting for years, formally and informally, to taste and judge wines. In formal tastings, six wines are selected to sample in a blind tasting. Individually, members of the club are always on the prowl for wine bargains. When members find a wine bargain, their immediate duty is to share them with the rest of the wine club members. In Wine Values and Bargains, we share our tasting results and bargain finds with our readers.
More Information on the Vintage Wine Tasting Club
For those that read the weekly wine bargain picks and want to know more about the guys that make these recommendations and their wine expertise: There are nine of us altogether in our Vintage Wine Tasting Club. We don’t consider ourselves wine experts or professionals by any means. We do think we have plenty of experience to be right a good percentage of the time on our recommendations. Here is why:
1. This probably is the most important quality we have for recommending wine. We are all everyday wine drinkers and have been so for over 40 years. That’s right, we are in that mystifying category of the “Senior Citizens.” However, our daily consumption of mostly red wines has kept all of us very healthy and very young in the mind, body, and spirit.
2. We visit wineries on a regular basis throughout the year. We meet many winemakers and owners. To name a few of our winemaking friends Vince and Lise Ciolino, Clay Mauritson, Mike Chelini, and Vince Tofanelli.
3. Several of us have traveled abroad to learn about the wines of the world. We have been to France, Italy, Spain, Argentina, and Chile. These were not wine tours; we booked visits to these wineries on our own.
4. We go to wine tastings. ZAP, Family Winemakers, Rhone Rangers, Spanish Pantry, Wines of Argentina, and Santa Cruz Mountains Wine Growers Alliance.
5. Every two months we hold a formal wine tasting in which we blind taste six varietals. In between we often meet to have dinner and share our wines and just talk wine.
Wine Sample Policy
We do receive wine samples if:
- The SRP is under $20
- The wine will be widely available at wine retail shops and fine supermarkets
We do not guarantee to post an article or review of all the wines received.
Send wine samples to:
1437 Cortez Avenue
Burlingame, CA 94010